“Wine Weeks in Armenia” Summer School program 2021
DISCOVER THE WINE WORLD OF THE SACRED LAND OF ARMENIA!
July 15 – July 30, 2019.
The Wine Weeks In Armenia program at ICARE / EVN Wine Academy is an exclusive opportunity to immerse into the Historic World of Wine, join the young and enthusiastic team of wine professionals who are making a change in wine education sector of Armenia. Winemaking started in Armenia at least 6100 years ago and the country is now living the years of wine industry renaissance. Learning and sharing your knowledge in Armenian wine is a lifetime experience!
What to Study
A Certificate will be awarded upon completion of the Wine Weeks in Armenia summer school program.
- Wine Business
- Short Masterclass – Intro to Armenian Wine.
- Wine Business: The objective of this course is to provide students with a broad view of the global wine market and its developments for a better understanding of a need for customer orientation. Further in the context of wine business, a general understanding of strategic management and internationalization is taught. The application focus lies in working out a market entry strategy by using SWOT analysis and using the concept of Porter’s Five Forces to determine the attractiveness of a market. The course is designed to equip students with practical skills to plan the entry to an international market.
- Short masterclass – Introduction to Armenian Wines: This 2-day course covers history, traditions, and modern trends of Armenian wines and wimenaking.
– Lecture 1: Armenian wine history: from Neolithic times to Soviet era. Armenian wine regions: Armenia proper and Artsakh. Armenian winemaking traditions: from karas to stainless steel. Armenian wines: Sparkling and White.
– Lecture 2: Armenian wine history: Soviet era to modern times. Armenian wine regions: Armenian Highland (Eastern Turkey, Iran) and the Historic World. Armenian wines: Reds, Reserves and Fortified Wines. Armenian wines: Future in global market.
Each lecture is followed by a tasting of 6 Armenian wines.
What to Experience
The Wine Weeks In Armenia program includes 3 day trips along the main wine routes of Armenia. Traditional Armenian dining experience is complimentary for each trip.
TRIP 1 – SOUTH. Tour to Vayots Dzor region and visiting the Areni-1 cave where the earliest known winery in the world has been unearthed. Tours in Areni 1 Cave, Hin Areni Winery, Trinity Canyon Vineyards, Getnatoun Winery. Visit to Noravank church.
315 000 AMD (equivalent to 650 USD). This fee covers all academic activities, visits to vineyards for the wine business projects, transport for the 3 trips, all meals during 3 trips, all tickets for cultural sites during the 3 trips, airport transfers, medical insurance for the entire period of stay, and a full administrative support from ICARE. 10% Early Bird discount is available till April 15, 2019. Hurry-up to register!
Ph.D. in Agriculture and Food Economics, Justus-Liebig-University, Germany
- Ph.D. in Agriculture and Food Economics, Justus-Liebig-University, Germany
- Professor of International Marketing Management, Head of Wine Economics Programs at Geisenheim University, Germany
Wine Fundamentals, Sensory Evaluation
- MS in Viticulture and Enology, Geisenheim University, Germany
- Chief Winemaker at Trinity Canyon Vineyards
The admission deadline is May 15, 2019. To apply, click here.
Accommodation is not included in the program fee. Our team will readily help finding the best deal from countless options available at major online reservation platforms, including Booking and AirBNB.
There are plenty of modern dining spots around downtown and many options to order food online. The cost of meals during trip days is included in the program fee.
Depending on the departure city, transit country and flights, the roundtrip airplane fare from the U.S. to Armenia is estimated to be around 1,100 USD. Roundtrip tickets from Europe may cost around 350 Euros.