Winemaking started in Armenia at least 6100 years ago and the country is now living the years of wine industry renaissance. Wine Weeks in Armenia is an annual summer school program at the EVN Wine Academy/ICARE that provides an outstanding opportunity to amateurs and enthusiasts to immerse into the Historic World of Wine and learn Wine Tasting essentials. Alongside, participants learn viticulture and winemaking techniques, sensory analysis and food and wine pairing.
Learning and sharing your knowledge in Armenian wine is a lifetime experience!
What to Study
The Summer School program is composed of six academic classes of 2,5 hours each, held on throughout a two-week period.
- The History of wine. New World vs Old World Wines.
- Viticulture practices. Understanding the terroir.
- Turning grapes into wine. Sparkling, white, red, rose, sweet and fortified winemaking.
- Introduction to Armenian Wine. Armenian indigenous grape varieties.
- The Art of Wine Tasting. Sensory techniques.
- Food and wine pairing.