International Expert for Consulting on Course Content Development
The ICARE Foundation, within the Fruit Production Sector Development in Armenia (FRUITENIA) project, is hiring international experts to provide consultancy and training for developing and upgrading the fruit production-related courses at the Armenian National Agrarian University (ANAU).
FRUITENIA project is designed to modernize the Bachelor-level agronomy curricula through introducing new courses and modernizing the existing course contents at the ANAU to include concepts of environmentally friendly, sustainable, and climate-smart modern fruit production approaches.
- Provide expertise for the development of the course contents of the proposed courses.
- Conduct a 5-day training for ANAU teaching staff on modernized curricula
Courses to be developed include:
- Establishment and management of intensive orchards
- Establishment and management of nurseries
- Establishment and management of nuts orchards
- Introduction to Sustainable Agriculture
Courses to be modernized include:
- Fruit Production
The expert(s) will be provided with documents necessary for the completion of the assignment, including the report on in-depth assessment on the capacity needs of the fruit production sector of Armenia, the curricula of the Agronomy Department, as well as other documents needed for this assignment.
Experts will be asked to suggest/recommend the necessary modern literature to be used for course content development.
- Excellent knowledge of modern agronomy courses
- Excellent communication skills
- Advanced writing skills
- Advanced presentation skills
- University degree in Agronomy
- At least 3 years of university teaching experience. Field experience is desirable.
- Proficiency in English
- Computer skills (MS Office Applications)
- Knowledge and work experience in the countries for South Caucasus is preferred.
This assignment will require online consultations at the beginning of the project and travel to Armenia for conducting the ToTs during November 2021.
Interested experts applying for this position must submit:
- Cover letter explaining why they are suitable for the assignment
All qualified candidates who meet the above requirements are should submit their Curriculum Vitae and cover letter (in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 10, 2020.
ICARE non-discrimination Policy
ICARE is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in the terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on account of race, age, color, sex, national origin ensuring diversity in the workplace.