Faculty Position for a Teaching Assistant
ICARE/EVN is looking for a teaching assistant for the subject of WINE CHEMISTRY at EVN Wine Academy.
The subject will be taught by the main lecturer and the TA will be assisting for one Wine Chemistry module with the aim of taking it over in the future as the main teacher. This module is taught once p.a.
- Profound chemical knowledge especially in wine and winemaking
- English skills
- Pedagogical capacities
Course content (overview):
- Chemical composition of grape and wine (sugars, acids, nitrogen compounds, metals and phenolic compounds, varietal aromas of grapes and wine)
- Chemical change of grape compounds during the fermentation process.
- Biochemistry and management of alcoholic and malolactic fermentation.
- Enzymatical and chemical reactions occurring during the winemaking, aging and bottling processes in red and white winemaking
The course includes 8 theoretical lectures (2.5 hours each in the evening hours, from 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM, twice a week/20 hours in general), 1 unit of group work presentations, and the final exam.
Based on experience and merit
Master in Chemistry and/or Enology and/or Biotechnology and/or Food & Beverage
- Minimum 4 years of practical work in beverage laboratory AND winemaking (cellar)
- Chemistry AND winemaking skills required, pedagogical skills are needed as well
Deadline: February 4, 2021.
All interested candidates should send their resumes to Isabelle Rüttiger.
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org