Load: 4 classes a week. The duration of each class is 2.5 hours, 6.30 PM – 9.00 PM (Yerevan, Armenia time +4 GMT).
Format: Simultaneously online and in-person. The classes are conducted in the video-conferencing-equipped classrooms which enables hybrid education. We normally have around 15 students in the classroom and more students joining online. The video-conferencing equipment is creating a true classroom education experience. Students joining online can interact with the instructor and the peer students, see the presentation materials, and the teachers’ notes on the whiteboard.
Internship. Students residing in Armenia are required to pass a 4-week internship in the September-October period. We connect students with specific wineries to complete their hands-on internships. Students are free to express their own preferences per location. Students not residing in Armenia will need to arrange their internship on their own and submit to EVN Wine Academy proof of their internship (normally an official letter sent by the winery to EVN Wine Academy administration is sufficient).
Certification: Upon graduation, students who took all classes at EVN Wine Academy’s location receive a joint certificate from EVN Wine Academy and the Geisenheim University. Students who joined the academic program online, receive a certificate from EVN Wine Academy only. The graduation certificates are shipped globally via a courier service.
– Introduction to Enology (16 classes)
– Introduction to Wine Chemistry (16 classes)
– Wine Chemistry (8 theory classes, 8 practical classes at EVN’s wine laboratory).
(Practical classes at EVN Wine Academy’s wine lab are only available for students residing in Armenia at the period of classes)
– Viticulture (16 classes). Six practical vineyard visits are available for students residing in Armenia during the period of classes.
– Wine Microbiology (16 classes)
– Wine Sensory Evaluation (16 classes).
(Students who join the class online will need to acquire some bottles of globally available wines at their location while joining the Wine Sensory Evaluation course)
– Wine Production (16 classes)
– Wine Business (16 classes)
– Winery Sanitation (16 classes)
– Winery Management (16 classes)
– Winery Equipment (16 classes)
– Wine Marketing (16 classes)
– Wine Tourism (16 classes)
– Industry Internship (4 weeks)
Graduation: The graduation ceremony is usually conducted in the first week of June. Students who complete the program online, are welcome to join the graduation ceremony in-person.
Tuition Fee: The full program tuition fee for students residing in Armenia and attending the program in-person is 1,200,000 AMD (Paid in 5 installments, 240,000 AMD each). The full program tuition fee for students joining online is 2,100 USD (Paid in 5 installments, 420 USD each).
Sponsorships are available. For more information about how to apply for a sponsorship, contact the Admissions Office.
- Completed Application for Admission (Download here: Application for Admission), or pick up at the Admissions Office of EVN Wine Academy);
- Copies of diplomas from all universities, if attended;
- A copy of a passport or a national ID Card;
- Two 3×4 photos;
- Submit the application package;
- Pass the admission interview**.
** International applicants will be contacted online by the admission office.
The Admissions Committee reviews each application, and the selection process is carried out at each step.