Call for service provision: Lead Expert of monitoring and management of natural grasslands
The ICARE Foundation, within the “Mapping of Grassland Extent, Condition and Biomass in Armenia” study implemented in the scope of “Management of natural resources and safeguarding of ecosystem services for sustainable rural development in the South Caucasus / Armenia” project, is looking for the Lead Expert of Working group to join the project team.
- Develop project implementation methodology and select project areas and communities.
- Conduct professional discussions with the formed working groups and provide consultancy on the field assessments and the data collection methodology.
- Distribute the roles within working groups, define the scope of responsibilities and control the process of field work.
- Ensure the sustainable functioning of the working groups within the timeframes provided by the work plan and the schedule of actions.
- Coordinate the activities of working groups by regions and project communities.
- Analyze the data obtained from the field assessments, check the reliability and compliance of the data for the implementation of the requirements set by the project.
- Develop a comprehensive report on the results of field assessments and data collection.
- Provide consultancy and expert support for the beneficiaries, aimed at using the developed maps in the RA communities as well as proper management of pastures.
- Conduct trainings and provide consultancy for the beneficiaries to localize and to launch the project results.
Task duration: up to 72 days, July 2020 – September 2021.
- At least MA degree in Agricultural, Environmental Sciences
- At least 5 years’ experience in monitoring and management of grasslands,
- Outstanding familiarity with pasture management,
- Understanding of GIS systems,
- Ability to successfully implement work distribution and coordinate fieldwork operations,
- Ability to work under pressure,
- Ability to meet deadlines.
All qualified and interested candidates who meet the above-mentioned requirements are welcome to submit their gross price offers for 1 working day (the template can be downloaded here) on June 09, 2020, 11:00 – 14:00.
ICARE non-discrimination Policy
ICARE is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in the terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on account of race, age, color, sex, national origin ensuring diversity in the workplace.
The “Mapping Of Grassland Extent, Condition and Biomass in Armenia” study is implemented with the “Management of natural resources and safeguarding of ecosystem services for sustainable rural development in the South Caucasus / Armenia” project funded by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ).