Short Course Announcement: Introduction to Armenian Wines
This 2-day course covers history, traditions and modern trends of Armenian wines and winemaking.
- Armenian wine history and winemaking traditions.
- Local grape varieties used in white winemaking.
- Armenian wines (sparkling, still white, and fortified wines).
- Armenian wine regions
- Local grape varieties used in red winemaking
- Armenian wines (red, reserve, and fortified wines).
- Armenian wines: future in global market.
Each lecture is followed by a tasting of 6 thematic Armenian wines.
INSTRUCTION LANGUAGE: English
INSTRUCTOR: The course is taught by Artem Parseghyan, graduate of SupAgro Monpellier, France and Geisenheim University, Germany. Mr. Parseghyan has ample experience in working at different wineries in Germany, Portugal and Armenia. Mr. Parseghyan is the Chief Winemaker at Trinity Canyon Vineyards, and the first Armenian judge at Mundus Vini wine competition.
DATE & TIME: March 5 and 7, 18:30 – 21:00.
VENUE: Wine Tasting Room, EVN Wine Academy, 74 Teryan Street.
REGISTRATION: To register, contact EVN Wine Academy Programs Manager Ms. Silva Atoyan at firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel.: (+374 55) 20 27 12
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: March 2, 2018, 18:00
COURSE FEE: 28,000 AMD (VAT included)