The Enology and Wine Business Certificate Program is a hands-on, industry-focused certificate program, which will enable students to benefit and take advantage of EVN winery, laboratory, and teaching facilities. Here you will learn everything about winemaking and the wine business from grape to glass.
This program is offered jointly by EVN Wine Academy and Geisenheim University (Germany).
This 18-month curriculum is taught in English and is interactive between the international instructors, students, and wine experts full of hands-on experience through national and international internships, study trips, and workshops all along with the program. Classes are conducted from two to four times a week in the evenings, starting from 6:30 p.m. The student internships last for 4 weeks within the September-October period.
Students complete thirteen modules and an internship to prepare for a professional career in the wine industry. Upon graduation, students receive a certificate from EVN Wine Academy, Geisenheim University, and Armenian National Agrarian University.
– Introduction to Enology
– Introduction to Wine Chemistry
– Wine Chemistry
– Wine Microbiology
– Wine Sensory Evaluation
– Wine Production
– Wine Business
– Winery Sanitation
– Winery Management
– Winery Equipment
– Wine Marketing
– Wine Tourism
Industry Internship (4 weeks)
Prospective Students can be:
- Individuals aged over 18 are eligible to apply.
- Specialists from colleges related to the wine industry or winemaking;
- Students with a Bachelor’s degree or a higher degree, including those with backgrounds unrelated to wine.
For students who are citizens of Armenia, the tuition fee is 1,200,000 AMD for the entire program. Due to questions concerning formalities, accommodation, and other administrative support, the tuition fee for the international students will be 1.500.000 AMD.
Sponsorships are available. For more information about how to apply for a sponsorship, contact the Admissions Office.
- Completed Application for Admission (Download here: Application for Admission), or pick up at the Admissions Office of EVN Wine Academy);
- Diplomas and transcripts from all universities attended (1 copy of each);
- A copy of a passport or a national ID Card;
- Two 3×4 photos;
- Submit the application package;
- Pass the admission interview**.
** International applicants will be contacted online by the admission office.
The Admissions Committee reviews each application, and the selection process is carried out at each step.