Job Announcement: Chief of Party
ICARE Foundation is seeking candidates to serve as a Chief of Party for an anticipated USAID-funded “Armenia Workforce Development Activity” project.
Over the past 20 years, ICARE has been acting as a platform for cutting-edge education, research and development in Armenia. ICARE has solid experience in cooperating with leading local and international organizations and governmental bodies. Due to its multilayer activities, ICARE aims to contribute to the social, economic, and environmental sustainability on national and regional levels thus having a positive impact on beneficiaries’ wellbeing. Learn more about ICARE at www.icare.am
The Chief of Party (COP) is a key member of the “Armenia Workforce Development Activity” project team and will be responsible for co-designing the project and leading its implementation, ensuring the project integrity, acting as a liaison between USAID and ICARE, designing and leading activities to improve the Armenian workforce skills, enhance capacities in practical learning, increase the job placements, and improve career information and provide counseling services, and assess the gaps between the skills and employers’ requirements.
• Work closely with the project partners, will act as a liaison between USAID, project partners and other stakeholders in order to reveal the gaps between the skills and the requirements of the employers and identify opportunities.
• Provide technical advice and leadership on all technical activities including design, methodology and necessary tools for successful completion of each component within the project scope.
• Enhance the coordination and partnership between higher education institutions, vocational training schools, government bodies, and the industry/private sector to ensure further experiential learning and increase in workforce productivity.
• Promote the development of soft and in-demand skills among the marginalized population and ensure equal learning opportunities for women and rural youth.
• Monitor the completion and timely submission of the project reports according to the timeframe set.
• Manage project team; mentor and provide guidance to the project long and short-term staff members.
• Achieve the expected results of the project and solve problems that may arise.
• Bachelor’s or preferably Master’s degree in Economics, human and organizational systems, public policy, international development, education, or other relevant areas.
• Minimum 7 years of relevant work experience in projects aimed to promote economic development, capacity building for the workforce, and youth engagement.
• Experience in working with a marginalized group of people.
• Knowledge of the Armenian labor market and education and training systems
• Experience in organizing training, successfully implementing them, and managing workshops
• Superior written and oral communication skills in English.
• PMP certification is highly preferred.
Please apply by submitting the following documents to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae
Deadline: Please submit the application package no later than March 17, 2021.
ICARE is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in the terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on account of race, age, color, sex, national origin ensuring diversity in the workplace.